Storyline 360 to Editable PPT

Aug 18, 2020

Hello,

I would like to export my Storyline 360 module into an editable PPT file. Is this possible?

I need to send a version of the module to a business unit in another country to translate and use the materials immediately; they do not have access to Articulate at this time. Any additional work-arounds would be appreciated!

Thank you!

4 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Samantha,

As Phil pointed out, you can export a Word file, have someone translate the designated text, and then import the translation. 

Be aware that the exported Word file contains a table, with each "piece" of text in its own row. 

• I highly recommend including the "Original Text" column when exporting. This means the Word file will have 3 columns: one for the ID (which cannot be changed!) and two with the text. That lets you keep one column in English (for reference/review) while the other is translated.

Note that the rows don't provide context for where the text appears on the screen and how it all fits together. So it'd be a good idea to also provide the translators with a copy of the course, so they can see the screens and understand how the interactions work. You could do that via Review and/or via publishing the course as a Word document. 

Final note: Be sure to have the translators review a published version of the translated course. In addition to possibly catching their own potential typos or other errors, that'll help ensure that the import didn't impact the translation (e.g., with bad line wraps). 

Good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.