Storyline 360: Video replays when hitting pause

May 21, 2018

Good morning. I'd appreciate a little help. I have a short intro video on the base layer followed by a short mp3 file. If I pause the slide and then restart, the video restarts and plays even though the mp3 file is still playing. I thought maybe I need to use variables but I can't figure out how. I'd appreciate any tips on keeping that from restarting again. Thanks!

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cheryl,

I added a trigger to play that media when the timeline starts, and that prevents it from starting over again when you've pressed the pause button on the seekbar.

The transparent hotspot you're using will prevent the user from clicking on the video to pause it, but it won't impact the seekbar. 

Let me know if that works for you! 

Cheryl Hoover

Thanks, Ashley. So the video is actually 10 seconds long, but I extended it to the end of the timeline so the ending shot on the screen stays there while my narrator is saying something for the last 15 seconds. Once he starts talking, if you hit pause and then play again, the video starts over and plays with his voice going as well. I've done this in the past, but now I can't remember the fix. I'm away from my office, and I'm pretty certain I have a workaround written down somewhere! Maybe there's a more elegant solution than me extending the video to the end of the timeline.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.