Storyline Drag and Drop

Nov 13, 2023

I created two slides each with independent drag-and-drop activities. When I preview the project, I am unable to complete the activity on both slides. Only the second slide shows up. Does SL not have the ability to have multiple drag-and-drop slides within one project? As a new user, are there specific instructions to assist me? I greatly appreciate any guidance on this!

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Here is the User Guide info about drag-and-drop: Drag-and-Drop Questions in Storyline 360 - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com). And if you look through the on-demand training (Watch Storyline 360 Webinars - Articulate 360 Training), you'll find more info. 

There's no limit to the number of drag-and-drop activities allowed within a project. 

When you're having a problem with Storyline, it's best to upload a copy of the .story file. That'll make it much easier for someone to troubleshoot. Here are the best practices for sharing a file:

• Make a copy of the file with only the slide(s) involved in the issue. 
  • Be sure everything (e.g., objects, layers, variables) has a meaningful name. 
  • Replace any proprietary content with alternate text (e.g., "ipsum lorem" text, or just "yada yada yada"). 
  • As much as possible, provide details about what you want to happen, what you've tried, what is happening that shouldn't happen, and/or what is not happening that should happen.