Storyline freezing. Must shutdown and lose everything to recover
Dec 05, 2013
Storyline has unrecoverably locked up twice in the past hour, taking all my work down with it. I just reinstalled last week, so doubt it's a corrupt install. Losing my work on a regular basis is not making me very happy.
It's a fresh install and the files are all local. Any other suggestions?
OK, I read:
- Close Storyline.
- Locate your Storyline installation file. If you can't find it, download it again, and save it to your computer. Use the download link in your product confirmation email, or click here.
- Right-click the installation file, and select Run as administrator.
- Select the option to Repair, and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Reboot your computer.
But there is no repair option. The options are:
- Remove all
I'm proceeding on the assumption that "repair" actually means "reinstall"... Fingers crossed...
The folklore I'm hearing is that:
- Paring down the number of slides can help, so just "Save As" with just the current scene. That didn't seem to work.
- Constantly re-save under a new name (-a, -b, -c...) so you "force Storyline to refresh the cache." This sounds like yet more guesswork, but I guess it's my next option. That or recommending that we don't adopt Storyline... (This is a prototype.)