Storyline360 project not publishing to Word

Jan 13, 2023

Is anyone else finding that they can't publish their course to a word doc?
I've been having this issue for a few days now.  It seems to be publishing, indicated by the progress bar but when the Publishing Successful pop up appears, nothing happens when I try to download it as a zip file and if I open or view document, it opens as package.  If I click on email, I get a zip file that is empty.

6 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Roberta,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry to hear that you've hit this snag! I see that you’ve reached out to our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Mark. You’re in great hands! We’ll continue the conversation in your support case.

If anyone is experiencing a similar issue, a good place to start is to be sure you're working on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive) when creating, editing, and publishing Storyline courses. Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behaviors due to latency. If the issue persists, connect with one of our talented Support Engineers, here!

Roberta Gold

Hi

Yes, we all know to work off of our hard drives and we do. So what is next? Upload a file? We all have the issue with different files.

Thank you,

Roberta

Roberta Gold, MA
Instructional Designer
RSI Team | Contractor to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Legacy Management
LM Operations Center
11035 Dover St., Suite 600
Westminster, CO 80021
Direct | 303-404-6112
Roberta.Gold@lm.doe.gov
[cid:image001.png@01D9CC3B.17FA80D0]

Steven Benassi

Hi Roberta!

Thanks for following up!

I see that you've connected with my colleague Mark through your support case. You're in excellent hands working one on one with him! It looks like Mark replied to your e-mail with some feedback and troubleshooting steps to try next. I'd recommend giving those a shot to see if that does the trick!

We can continue this conversation through your support case to keep all information in one place.

Also, It looks like part of your e-mail signature came through when you replied via e-mail. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response.