Storyline360 will not save because it says I don't have enough memory.

Feb 02, 2018

Storyline360 (latest update v3.12.14647.0) will not save because it says I don't have enough memory. I have a gamer's laptop and no other program is running. Is 2800MB of memory normal?  I have a few tickets submitted with several issues with Storyline 360. No fixes have worked.

40 Replies
Rachael Mordecai
Dustin Ellison

Hi Harriet!

Articulate Support's been helping me with this.  I don't know if you have the same root cause as I do for this problem, but here's what they told me.

<--

This issue seems to happen on machines using Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics. Thanks so much for letting us know about this. We've logged it as a possible software bug.

As a workaround, let's create a custom project thumbnail. Here's how:
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d475262c-1a53-47aa-b9a6-f16ceb6a0dcd/review

-->

I created the custom project thumbnail as they asked, and I haven't run into the issue yet.  Here's hoping it stays that way.  

-Dustin.

I have a new laptop with Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics and I'm also encountering this out of memory error. Storyline is also crashing—displaying a white slide view with a red x through it from corner to corner. 

I've submitted a case. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Harriet Heathcote

Hi 

I have been told that the issue may be due to running 32 bit software alongside Storyline 360 (for example word, excel etc.) 

For me closing such software down whilst I am using Storyline is not practical and I am unable to get 64 bit versions of software. 

Hopefully there will be a fix soon 

lindsay Maisel

I too have lost HOURS of work due to the 'not enough memory' 'bug'. See this issue has been going on for years. Zero resolve, hours of work gone. Was about 27 layers deep in a slide and all of a sudden this bug. I'm down to what I had a few hours ago. I have 'auto recover' set to every 2 minute and clearly it was not doing that for a very long time. Super. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Karina, 

This thread is about users who are affected by a known issue that occurs when Storyline 360 is installed on a machine that uses 11th gen Intel processors. This specific combination of software and hardware causes a memory leak to develop, causing performance issues while using the application. I'd like to ask a few questions to see if you are affected or not: 

If none of the above help, please reach out to our customer support team so we can take a closer look at your project file and computer information to figure out what's happening. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm glad to help!

Eric Santos

Hi Genevieve-Marie,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community!

I clicked the Review 360 link to the workaround posted by Dustin, and I can confirm that the content no longer exists. The issue connected to that workaround pertains to a bug already fixed on Storyline 360, Build 3.68.28773.0; we are now on Build 75.

If you're having similar issues, the first step is to check if you're running the latest Storyline version and update it as needed. If this does not help, open a support case with us and include details of what you're seeing. We're happy to help troubleshoot!

I appreciate your patience!