Surveys

Aug 28, 2014

If you use the survey in a Storyline course, will it report the results of that survey to an LMS? If so, what does that report look like?

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shelly,

The survey or quiz data that is reported to your LMS is detailed here, and you'll want to include a results slide to track either of those and submit the results to your LMS. Survey questions such as Likert scale questions are known to have difficulty reporting to an LMS as detailed here. How the LMS displays that or reports out on it will be LMS specific, so you may want to reach out to them directly to see what types of reports are available.

Please feel free to let us know if you need anything else!

Jody Lumsden

Hey Shelly - I reviewed the LMS details link above and I have a question.  Is all that information sent automatically behind the scenes?  I am reviewing the results slide and there are no triggers or varibles listed that match up.  For example: "student_response"  Is there a way I can add in my own varible to ensure that survey info gets sent to the LMS?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jody,

Yes, if you're set up a results slide to track a quiz or survey elements, the trigger that you should see is "submit results" you won't see a trigger for individual variables or responses. If you need to report your own variables to an LMS, you may want to review this method here. 

Also, you'll want to check with your LMS in regards to what information you'll be able to see and pull a report on as that is specific to each LMS. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Socrates.

The option for a passing score gives authors the flexibility of using those built-in variables (for example, Results.PassPercent) with triggers but keeping the Results slide a simple "Thank you". 

The Survey Results slide can also be used with a combination of Graded/Ungraded questions. If you don't need a passing score, you can disregard that option. 

I hope this helps!