SVG and Vector images usage in Storyline 360

Jan 25, 2024

I am looking to insert SVG / Vector images in my course using Storyline 360. Does the latest version allow us to import, edit SVG images.?

8 Replies
Eric Santos

Hello Vidya,

Thanks for reaching out; I'm happy to help! You can add SVG images to your Storyline course using the steps below:

Importing SVG files from PowerPoint is also supported. You can arrange, group, rotate, align, size, and position SVGs in Storyline 360. Use a third-party editor like Photoshop to recolor an SVG before importing it into Storyline.

If you require any further information, please let me know.

Vidya M

Hi Santos,

I have already seen this post, but we do not have options to import the SVG files as it is available in Powerpoint. When we import to storyline, it becomes a single complete image, we do not have option to edit the individual elements as we are able to do when importing SVG from Powerpoint.

Please include this feature.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Vidya, 

Happy to look into this for you! Would you mind importing this image into PowerPoint, saving the presentation, and then importing it into the latest version of Storyline 360? I want to see if you'll get the same result as I did, which is the image getting imported as individual PNG files instead of a single image as you described. 

I want to make sure that we're getting the same behavior when working with SVG files. If the SVG file imports as a single image into Storyline 360, can you let me know which version of Storyline 360 you have installed so we can test the behavior on our end? 

Eric Santos

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the trouble with the SVG files. Does this behavior happen to all your SVG files or only to specific ones? When you add those SVG files to a new Storyline project and try to preview, does the error also appear?

If the issue persists, would you be comfortable sharing a screenshot of the error message and the SVG files to this thread? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing.