Tabbing order issue for paragraphs in SL3/360

Jul 17, 2017

Hi everyone,

Has anyone encountered an issue with tabbing order when you have a paragraph that is set to animate by paragraph?

If I have three paragraphs animate at separate times, they animate in fine. When I tab, I hit the full text box (and screen reader reads it) then when I tab it goes through each paragraph but in reverse order.

I'll post a sample when Windows (finally) finishes it's updates.

Thanks!

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Steve!

We do have an issue with text animation that is set to 'By Paragraph' related to tabbing not working as intended and going back through.

When you said it was working correctly, was that when the individual text boxes were set to animate as one object? That is the workaround we currently have listed. 

I will add this thread to our report as we are tracking user impact.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to share that we just released the newest version of Storyline 360 Build 3.37.21453.0. This release fixed the issue where text animations with the effect options set to “By Paragraph” would cause a text box to be tabbed through multiple times. 

The next step is to update Storyline 360 by heading to your Articulate 360 desktop app and clicking "Update" next to Storyline 360. 

As always, we are happy to answer any questions you have by posting in this discussion, or you can contact our Support Engineers directly.

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Kathy!

Will we release bug fixes to Storyline 3 that we have pushed to Storyline 360?

We are continuing to support Storyline 3 with bug fixes periodically.

Our process for updating Storyline 3 is different than it is for Storyline 360, so they won't be in sync. We do occasionally release fixes between updates, but that can introduce risks, and we undertake that only in limited circumstances.

I'll tag this discussion so we can update you on any related developments. Thanks for checking in! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.