Tables in Storyline 360

Jan 27, 2017

Hello all.

We're still trying to figure out the 'challenges' in moving to Storyline from Presenter and the lack of tables is turning into a real problem. We get our courses from the IDs as PowerPoints, which is not going to change because they need an editable document for updates. Tables are used frequently for a lot of reasons. Is there any idea when the ability to use them will be added? Looking back through the forums, this is something that's been requested for years and we really do not want to add yet another thing that needs to be rebuilt. The image quality on the import from PPT is horrible, it's incredibly blurry next to all the other items that imported correctly.

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Tables for Storyline 360 was just released as a part of the latest Articulate 360 update. Read more about Tables here and steps on how to get started!  😀

You can also see all the fixes in the release notes here. 

To get started with the latest update just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Patrick Henning

This is an old thread but I am hoping that someone is still looking.  With the addition of tables to Storyline 360 one thing I have noticed is you are unable to animate individual bullets.  For example if I have a 1X2 table where one of the rows is a header row, and the cell below it has 3 bullets, I am not seeing the ability to animate those bullets 'By Paragraph'.  Am I missing this feature or is this not possible?  

If this doesn't exist currently in Storyline, this feature should be added.

Thanks for the help.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi, Patrick! We're still here. 👋🏻

I took a look, and saw I couldn't apply that setting either - so it does not appear to be a part of the Table set up. I'd love for you to share how this feature would help you though, and I can pass that along to the team or you can send it along to our Product team using the form here for a  feature request.

Patrick Henning

Hey Ashley, 

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  For the company I work for some of the Storylines we create contain technical scientific data which, for obvious reasons, we present in tables. By being able to animate bullets in those tables would allow us to present the data and draw the learners focus towards it, as opposed to the whole table coming on slide and then having to highlight portions of said table to engage the learner.  Frankly any control over how parts of tables can be animated would be a huge help. 

I know that this functionality does not exist in Microsoft PowerPoint either, so I have no good example to point to, but at least being able to animate bullets in simple tables would be a great increase in functionality.  

Thank you very much for getting back to me on this, and please let me know if I should still fill out the form for a feature request.