Text Input is not intractive in iOS UIWebView for Articulate Storyline 2 & 360 content

Jun 08, 2017

I have a course created with Articulate Storyline 2 and Storyline 360 which has text entry box where learner type information and answers to question.What they enter the text on the screen, the course responds with feedback for their answers.

The text box works fine on desktops and Safari browser on iPad, but the typed text does not show up on iOS mobile app which plays the content in UIWebView. The rest of the interaction functions as it should and doesn’t prevent the learner from advancing but they don't get the full experience due to not seeing what they typed.

What I experienced is it sometimes allows text after some delay but that is random, doesn't allow most of the times. 

Does Storyline provides support for iOS UIWebView? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Kishan Lal

2 Replies
Scott Dinho

Interesting timing. I was just about to create a support case about a similar issue. We discovered this when moving to Saba Cloud as our LMS and viewing new and old courses through their mobile app. It worked fine on desktop, fine through mobile Safari, but not through their app when viewed on an iPad/iPhone. (It works fine in their app when using Android).

Saba support engineers looked into it and determined as you did that it was due to compatibility issues with UIWebView. This impacts a significant number of our courses and may contribute to s having to avoid text entry interactions in future courses.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kishan and Scott,

We don't offer support for 3rd party apps such as Saba's iOS app. If your content does not work in the Articulate Mobile player or while viewing the HTML5 output in a supported browser I'm happy to help with that! The Storyline 2 browsers are documented here and Storyline 3/360 are here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.