6 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Julie,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you would like some information about slowing down text-to-speech. While not a current feature of Storyline, we have a request logged for the ability to slow down/speed up the pace of text-to-speech voices. I'll add your voice to the request.

This discussion will be updated when we have news to share. 

Kelly Auner

Hi Julie, Henry, and Joe!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 83, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One enhanced feature we’ve included:

Unlock new possibilities for text-to-speech audio. Use speech synthesis markup language (SSML) to adjust the speaking rate, modify pronunciation, emphasize words, add pauses, and more.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here!

Steven Benassi

Hi Abby!

It sounds like you were interested in learning more about Text-to-Speech audio, and SSML tags in Storyline!

The SSML resource Kelly shared is a helpful user guide to reference when authoring your course. As well as, Storyline 360: Converting Text to Speech.

If you were looking to control the volume, speaking rate, and pitch, this article from Amazon Web Services can help get you started with that!

Also, I wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars. Once each month at 11am ET, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers.

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning! You can register for the next call here: https://articulate.fyi/3ZiKgu9

And don't worry if you can't make it, because everyone who registers will get a recording sent to them afterward! There's also a huge list of on-demand past trainings available.

Also, if you hit any setbacks while working with Text-to-Speech in Storyline, feel free to connect with our support engineers through a support case. They'd be happy to assist!