Text to speech

Nov 08, 2023

Currently, the audio recorded using text to speech feature is very fast and hence customers are asking for audio replacement. We do not have option to control the speed of Text to speech audio recordings. Kindly help here.

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi Vidya, Marc, and Cheryl!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 83, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One enhanced feature we’ve included:

Unlock new possibilities for text-to-speech audio. Use speech synthesis markup language (SSML) to adjust the speaking rate, modify pronunciation, emphasize words, add pauses, and more.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here!

6 Replies
Marc Cuypers

Hi Vidya,

as far as I know, there is no native control over the reading speed of the text to speech feature.

You could, however, export the audio element and then use an external freeware tool like Audacity to lower the playback tempo(not speed, which would change the pitch) of the generated audio file. Find a tutorial here.

Within Storyline, the best I could think of right now would be inserting longer gaps between individual audio files to give learners more time to comprehend the audio.

Regards,

Marc

Steven Benassi

Hi Vidya!

It sounds like you are looking for more editing tools for the text-to-speech in your course.

So glad to see that Marc has provided some helpful suggestions! I just wanted to pop in and share that we currently have a feature request logged to give authors the ability to slow down/speed up the pace of TTS in Storyline!

I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great rest of your week!

Kelly Auner

Hi Vidya, Marc, and Cheryl!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 83, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One enhanced feature we’ve included:

Unlock new possibilities for text-to-speech audio. Use speech synthesis markup language (SSML) to adjust the speaking rate, modify pronunciation, emphasize words, add pauses, and more.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here!