"The project file could not be saved."

Jun 10, 2022

Arghhh ... 

I've submitted a ticket on this, but maybe someone can get back to me quicker ... 

Putting the finishing touches on an eight-module course in Storyline (Articulate 360); decided to re-record a short demo screencast; did that and (I think) saved it without inserting it. Went back to insert it, and the list of saved screencasts is blank. Decided to save and exit and then return, and got "The project file could not be saved. Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value." Tried to save it under a different name. Same message.

The Story view is empty. All slides are numbered "0" - 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc. 

I'm supposed to hand this off for final review today. I'm freaking out. Help? 

3 Replies
Lerissa Patrick

Hi Joe –

I’m waiting for a response from Luiza. Maybe you can tell me what to do.

I can’t upload the file without closing it, and I’m afraid to close it. But I guess I will have to, right? And lose this morning’s work?

And in fact, that may make the error message go away?

Lerissa

Jose Tansengco

Yes, you'll need to close the file first before you can share it with Luiza which may cause you to lose some of your work. However, there may be a working version of your project in your temp files that has some of the work that you did this morning. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

I can see that the conversation that you have with Luiza is currently ongoing, so I'll let her provide you with the next steps for troubleshooting.