Transitions

Nov 02, 2018

Are slide transitions lost when you export your articulate course as a video? Or is there a way to keep transitions? I have screen recordings that I want to play in my course with a fade out at the end of the screen recording. I have applied transitions to the last slide of each screen recording to achieve the fade out but when I export they don't appear to work.

BUT when I did apply the transitions and then exported to video the screen recordings had a flicker of white between every slide. At first I thought it was just a glitch. It was probably the transitions I applied? So I tried changing the amount of time the transition happened but it didn't seem to change anything. The flash of white happened after every new slide in the screen recording not just the last one. So I also tried changing to no transition for all the slides in the screen recording and just applied a fade to the last one. So I'm pretty sure the transitions work after it is exported to video?! I just might be doing something wrong. 

Hope that makes sense.

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey there, Brynne.  Slide transitions are respected in your published video output.  Do you have a fade out animation applied to the screen recording video on its last slide?  Or do you have a slide transition applied to the slide that follows the last screen recording slide?

In the attached sample project where I had 3 screen recording slides (step-by-step view mode), I added a fade slide transition to a 4th, content slide.  The fade took effect after the last screen recording slide.

If you'd like to share your .story file so I can have a look at the setup, feel free to attach it here!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Donna,

I'm not sure what you mean by a recorded slide transition? If you have a screen recording View Mode, it sounds like that is multiple step by step slides, so you'd want to apply the transition to each slide including any following content slides. 

If you're still stuck, it would help to take a look at your .story file. 

With your permission, it can be shared publicly here, or send it to our Support Team privately. We’ll delete it when I’m done troubleshooting. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.