Trial version

Feb 21, 2017

Hi! I´m using a trial version of articulate 360 and before purchasing the package would like to publish a course I designed on our website. I can´t manage, is it possible with the trial version?  If so, which is the file I have to upload? My website is on wordpress.

Thanks!

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Ana! 

Yes, this is possible with the trial version. I'm not really versed at all in Wordpress, but I know I've seen other forum discussions about it. You may want to take a look at this older one as it does seem to walk through some detailed steps. 

You could also look to the users in that discussion to see if they're able to share other ideas. You can connect with them directly using the "contact me" button on their profiles. 

C L

I'm using a trial version of SL 360 to create some examples for my portfolio. Will the published files expire or stop working after my trial ends? Will they be watermarked or anything like that? 

As for adding published files to a WordPress website, there is a plugin for it. I can't recall the exact name but you should be able to do a search in the Plugin directory and it will come up. It allows you to upload your published files to your site.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi CL,

A trial version is a full version of Articulate for the purposing of publishing. 

By default, we keep your online data, including Rise 360 courses and Review 360 projects, intact on our servers for at least six months after your trial or subscription expires in case you decide to renew later. That way all your content is still there when you return. 

Any Storyline 360 courses would be saved to your computer and will be accessible if using Storyline 3 or Storyline 360. The published output for web, LMS, CD, etc. will remain intact and available for your use and we don't have anything watermarked. Here are some more details on what to do when your subscription or trial expires.

There are a few different plug-ins out there, so I'll defer to the community for their expertise on that! 

Amber Touch

Hi Ashley,

You said "A trial version is a full version of Articulate for the purposing of publishing." I am on a trial version and many/most of the things in Content Library, such as templates, are unavailable to me. It says "subscription required" and won't allow me to use them. Is this normal? I keep hearing staff of Articulate say the trial version is a complete version... but that hasn't been my experience so far. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Amber,

It's a full version of the software itself (Storyline 360, Studio 360, Rise 360, etc.) but resources in Content Library that could be downloaded and potentially used elsewhere are limited during the trial. 

These Content Library 360 assets are available during your 60-day free trial: 

Template: Velocity 

Photographic Characters: Al, Atsumi, Brandon, Laura 

Illustrated Characters: Andrew, Arthur, Lily, Marilyn 

All photos, illustrations, icons, and videos are included in the trial. 

When you subscribe, you get instant access to all the Content Library 360 templates and characters.

Hope that helps! 

Saurabh Chauhan

Hii Ana Poratelli,

If you're completely new and don't want to write any code to upload your Articulate Course to your WordPress site, you can use GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin.

With this plugin, you can upload your course to WordPress website directly from your WordPress dashboard. It is quick and easy.

You can follow this guide: How to upload Articulate Storyline course on WordPress site?

In this guide we used this plugin.

Note: The trial version of Articulate Storyline 360 is never been a problem, you can get really great results with this authoring tool. Yes you can upload your course without any problem on your WordPress website.

Regards,