Trigger issue?

Oct 02, 2015

Hi, I downloaded a template recently. It displays a view of a desk from overhead with a laptop on the left, a pile of papers in the middle and three Post-its on the right. The Post-its are each linked to a different layer, which work fine. I added a fourth Post-it and triggers to a new layer. When I clicked on that image in Preview, the desired layer text appeared along with the base text. All four Post-it triggers appear to be set up properly. How can I fix this issue? Thanks, Paul.

11 Replies
Walt Hamilton

If the desired text shows, it is likely a layer issue, not a trigger issue. When new layers are created, they are completely transparent. You may need to put a large rectangle filled with the desired background on the new layer below all your text. Alternately, you can set it to hide the base layer, but that sometimes brings its own set of problems.

Walt Hamilton

If the desired text shows, it is likely a layer issue, not a trigger issue. When new layers are created, they are completely transparent. You may need to put a large rectangle filled with the desired background on the new layer below all your text (or a smaller one to hide part of the base layer). Alternately, you can set the layer to hide the base layer, but that sometimes brings its own set of problems.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.