Triggers

Oct 01, 2013

Is it possible to have more than one trigger on an object. 

I have created a bookcase where the user clicks on a book and it takes them to the learning module associated with that title.  I would then like the next shelf of books to appear one the user has clicked on the last book.

What would be the best way of doing this.  I have tried to apply a trigger to jump to next slide (learning module) and also a trigger to show a layer with the next lot of books on but only one of the triggers works.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sarah

7 Replies
Harri S

Hi Sarah,

You definitely can have more than one trigger assigned to an object, but sometimes you need to be careful about the order they're in.

It sounds like your triggers read 

1- jump to slide

2- show layer

Storyline executes triggers from top to bottom so nothing will fire after the 'jump to slide' (assuming that the jump to slide conditions have been met).

So, if this is the case just reverse the order i.e

1- show layer

2- jump to slide

Hope this helps

If not, could you upload your file so I can have a look?

Sarah  Smith

Hi

Thanks for your email but it still doesnt work.  I am unfortuantly unable to send you the file as it contains sensitive data.

The idea is that the user completes each of the modules before they are able to exit the course.  Is there a way where i could have a "exit course" button appear once all of the modules have been completed.  I have added a state that shows a green tick once it has been visited.  Is there a way of counting these ticks so once all ticks are showing the exit course button appears.

Thanks again for your help

Sarah

Harri S

Hi Sarah,

I understand that sometimes it can be difficult to share files, you could open a support case  with Articulate. They guarantee to keep your files confidential. Or you could create a dummy example and upload here.

With regards to your completion ticks...it is possible to indicate which sections have been viewed and make a button appear to close the course (see attached example) however you need to consider that your users could always just close the browser window or turn off the pc thus exiting the course. 

Hope this helps

OWEN HOLT

Sarah Smith said:

......I have added a state that shows a green tick once it has been visited.  Is there a way of counting these ticks so once all ticks are showing the exit course button appears.

Yes...you could do that....or.....

You can set a trigger to make the button visible only when certain conditions are met. These conditions can include that each tick is in its visible state. The critical thing is determining what "triggers" your trigger. At time line end? at time line start? Check after each module is completed? There isn't a one size fits all answer herre, so you will need to explore a little to determine what works best for you.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.