Trouble playing an edited mp4 video from replay 360 into Storyline 360

Oct 31, 2021

I have done this before, as I recall, but now when I insert an edited video (mp4) from replay into storyline, I am unable to play in the slide view.  That is to say, there the play triangle at the bottom is greyed out.

If I preview I can play it, but I want to insert comments over the video in storyline (shapes and texts) using the timeline. 

What am I doing wrong. 

2 Replies
Becca Levan

Thanks for reaching out, Liza!

I'm not having luck recreating what you're describing. Here's what I see when I insert a .mp4 that was edited in Replay 360:

If you're already running the most up-to-date version of Storyline 360, can you try a couple of things for me?

• Saving, closing Storyline 360, and restarting
  • Switching between scenes and slides

If those ideas don't show improvement, we'd be happy to troubleshoot this further! Just share your file with us here, and we'll reach out with an update soon!

Liza Moorman

Becca,
Thank you for looking at this for me. I am running the most up-to-date version. I tried saving and closing out of Storyline 360, which did solve another issue I was having.

I discovered that, in this case, the issue was that even though I had a trigger to advance the slide when the media completed, I needed to go to the base layer, select slide properties and choose for the slide to advance automatically. That did the trick!

Best,
Liza