Trouble Saving a Storyline 360 file

Jan 09, 2020

I and my team members are having trouble saving Storyline files. If I try to save a file I get one of the following messages: "The process cannot access the file" [filename] "because it is being used by another process." If I continue to try and save the file I get: [Filename] already exists. Do you want to replace it?" If I click "Yes" I get: "The project file could not be saved. ObjectDisposed." The only solution is to rename the file and save a copy. Eventually I end up with a file named [Filename](1) copy copy copy copy.

Any suggestions?

Romey Keys

3 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Romey,

Sorry to hear you're coming across this issue! Is it possible that you're working together from a network drive? If so, take a look at these best practices to reduce running into errors.

Number one on the list is to make sure you're working locally, as that can cause latency issues and possible corruption. Also, be sure to check out this article for our recommended workflow for collaborating. Hope these resources help!

Nancy P. Hemenway

I am having a problem with saving as well, a bit different. (I am working on a 2017 iMac with max memory and on the main drive - under Parallels).  I am careful to save with every slide and sometimes every time I change something but - I've experienced a number of crashes. What I didn't realize is that when those crashes occur, I lose some of the saves I've made but do not know how far back that takes me. This became a huge problem with a rather large technical module I was designing and caused grief with my manager.  

I always work on the main drive - never a network drive. The latest info I received talked about corrupt objects on the slide which wouldn't allow me to save or publish - since I can publish, my best guess is that the corruption issues, were not present because I was able to publish but - the module published without some of the saves I had already made - requiring me to go back and make changes I had ALREADY made again. I ended up making the SAME changes several times.

At first, I thought I was losing my mind. However, with the next crash, I went back to the most recent changes and sure enough - the changes were gone.  I really wonder if (due to working on parallels) if the 360 software sometimes has the perception I am on a network drive?

I really, really, REALLY wish 360 would design for a Mac - I have a backup PC and have used PCs for years but I switched to a Mac a couple of years ago because of the graphics and video design quality.

Thanks 

Nancy

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for sharing the difficulty that you're running into with saving. I see that you did have a recent support case that you worked on with Jopney regarding some corruption.

Much of our staff, myself included, work on a Mac as well. We do have some best practices to take into consideration when using Parallels if you'd like to take a look here.

You mention working on the main drive, but are you working with your software, assets, and project files exclusively in the Windows environment within Parallels? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.