True/False Variables

Aug 25, 2015

I am creating a module with true/false variables on a slide where they have 4 buttons they have to click and review the 4 sections of material before they are able to advance to the next slide.  I have done this in another module before and it has worked fine when I've previewed it.  Now, for some reason I am unable to get it to work.  Each variable is a true/false variable with a default value of true.   I have a trigger to set the valuable to equal false when the user clicks it.  I then have my next button set to jump to the next slide when the user clicks the next button if the variable is equal to false.  If I take the variables out, they can advance to the next slide fine but once I add in the variable, they can't advance.  Does it sometimes not work correctly during previewing?

5 Replies
Walt Hamilton

On the key elements slide, when the user clicks an icon, the jump trigger jumps to the next slide, leaving this slide before the trigger to set the variable can be executed.

Slide the set variable triggers above the jump triggers, so they will be executed first.

If an object has more than one trigger, they are executed in the order they are listed. If you leave the slide, no more triggers are executed,.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.