try again layer

Nov 21, 2023

Hello everyone,

I have developed a Yes/No question activity. I would like people to have unlimited attempts, but I do not want to use the "try again" layer, instead I added a (X) button on the top right corner of the "correct" and "incorrect" feedback layers, so that people can close the corresponding layers in case they want to try again. There is also a "continue button" on the Correct and incorrect feedback layers to continue.

Unfortunately, when I select unlimited attempts the "try again layer" appears. Is there any way to get rid of the "try again" layer and have unlimited attempts?

I wonder if instead of using a question form, it would be better to use a regular slide with triggers. Then I will have to move all the slides from question form to regular slides and add more triggers. If this is the only solution, is there any easy way to move the slides from question form to regular slides.

Thank you very much 🌻

Karen

8 Replies
Karen Olave

Thanks very much Walt. I have already created layers for correct and incorrect and used the feedback master for this purpose. 

When I select unlimited attempts, it creates new layers for correct and incorrect. So now I have two correct feedback layers and two incorrect feedback layers. I could apply to these new layers the layout that I already developed but then I will have to move all the text from the slide layers to the new ones, which will be a bit time consuming considering that there are several questions with each of them having different text on the feedback for correct and incorrect.  IS there any way not to do one by one moving the text from the already created slide layers to the new layers?

Thank you very much!

Karen Olave

Thank you Yolanda for your comments and ideas. Because my activity is a Yes/No response it  does not make much sense to have "try again", but there might be a couple of people that would like to see the questions again or do it again so that is why closing the layer to see the question is an option

Karen Olave

Thank you Walt. I did all what you suggested and it works unlimited for the "Yes" response, but the Incorrect layer is never displayed. I checked triggers, names of layers, versus names in feedback master, they all match as "Incorrect"

When it is configured with "one attempt" there is no issue and "correct" and "incorrect" feedback layers are displayed without a problem

By the way, I can not delete the trigger "jump to next slide when the user clicks continue" on the incorrect layer as I want people to be able to move to the next slide even if they get an incorrect response. Attached the triggers and form view.

Do you happen to know what the problem can be?