Trying to resume location in course after exiting

Mar 09, 2016

Hi all, I've reached the point where I published and uploaded the attached course module. When I view a few slides, exit the module, then click to enter once again, I am not given an option to resume my former place in the module- it starts at the very beginning again. I've selected "Prompt to resume" and checked "When running in LMS, ignore Flash cookie" in the player properties, but I am still seeing this issue after publishing and uploading. I've spoken with the team who works with system to which I upload the course, and they do not see any reason why it would be an issue on their end; they believe it's something that is done on the Storyline end. Can anyone help?

(The team mentioned it may be an issue with interaction and progress not being recognized, and encouraged me to add a quiz slide in the beginning instead of having them all toward the end. I added a quiz slide within the first five slides, but still saw the same issue.)

5 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Timothy --  Many thanks for your question! May I ask how the course and resume behavior is working if you test your output published for LMS in the SCORM Cloud, as that environment is the industry standard for testing LMS content? Please also see this article for additional information on How to Troubleshoot Your LMS with SCORM Cloud

And if you intended to share your file here so we could run some testing for you, unfortunately, I do not see it. Please feel free to upload your .story or source file here, or if privacy is a concern, here is the form you'd need to share for confidential review offline. 

Timothy Fisher

Hi Christie! Thanks so much for your help. Wow, I just signed up for a trial and tested in SCORM Cloud, and I am indeed prompted on whether or not I'd like to resume. Does this mean it has to be an issue with the system to which we have to upload the course, or are there any other options to consider?

(My apologies- I had to copy and re-post this because of an issue, and I forgot to reattach the file. It is now updated with the correct file.)

Christie Pollick

Hi, Timothy -- Thanks so much for your reply!  

I also experienced no issues with the resume behavior when I tested on the SCORM Cloud. Traditionally, when a course functions properly within the SCORM Cloud but not within your LMS, that tends to indicate that the issue lies not with the course itself, but with how it is functioning within the LMS platform. If you haven't had a chance to check it out already, you may benefit from taking a look at the article on How to Troubleshoot Your LMS with SCORM Cloud, and you may want to consider contacting your LMS for their input. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.