Unable to download characters within Storyline 360

May 30, 2018

Hi, I am taking part in the Articulate training using Storyline 360. It commenced Mon 28 May. As part of the training we were to download characters however I was not able to download any characters and kept getting a circle with an exclamation mark. I have had my IT dept do an update and I am still not able to get it to work. Do you know what the issue may be?

Thanks, Peb

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pebiana,

Sorry, you've run into such trouble accessing the Characters in Content library. I'd start by having your team ensure that the network endpoints and ports here are enabled.

If you're still having trouble after that, I'd invite you to work with our Support Engineers to dig a bit deeper into your system setup. 

Katie Riggio

So sorry you're also hitting this character download snag, Brian. While I don't have a solution or case to share from Pebiana this time, we're happy to keep digging! 

To start us off, have you and your team had a chance to look at the network endpoints listed here? The exclamation mark typically means that the firewall and ports listed in that link need to be opened. I'll be standing by!

Ren Gomez

Hi Jillian,

While internet bandwidth could play a role, more often than not, we've seen blocked network endpoints as the main culprit behind why certain features don't work in Storyline 360.

Have your IT team review this article, and if everything looks good there, try a repair of Storyline 360 as the next step to help refresh the application.

Let us know how it goes!

Kelly Auner

Hi Sarabjeet,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with downloading characters from the Content Library. Have you and your team had a chance to look at the network endpoints listed here? Another step you can try is to repair Storyline.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance on this! You can reach out to our team by posting here or privately in a support case.