Unable to import a Powerpoint (Office 2016) format widescreen into Storyline 360

Jan 25, 2021

Hello! I am having issues to import PPT. I have the latest version of Storyline and for some reason the PPT is set in widescreen (16:9). I try to import and I keep stucked to the "Read the slides" step. It just keep spinning and nothing happen. I do not have this issue with the PPT in Standard Format but I must deal with it. I know how to resize once it is imported but I must get it in Storyline! Is anybody can help on this?

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Valerie,

I also have the latest version of Storyline 360 installed and have just tried two methods of importing a 16:9 format Powerpoint presentation (one was an import straight from the start-up screen and the second option was to open a new project and import the slides) and both worked correctly.

I have come across a similar problem before and the solution on that occasion was to open the ppt file, save it under a new name and then import the new version. I know it sounds like there is no good reason why this should work, but on that occasion it did. It's worth a shot, but if that doesn't work, I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing the latest version of Storyline and giving it another go.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Valerie and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I'm glad that Ned was able to pop in and help you by sharing his experience and troubleshooting tips.

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.