Unable to install Articulate Storyline 360 Trial

Nov 29, 2017

Hi,

I am just too frustrated trying to figure out how to install a trial of Articulate 360. Even after going through all the probable solutions, it still does not install. The error code I am getting is 8007047E.

I must admit, this is the first software that I have come across that is such a pain to install. and BTW this is my second attempt trying to install this trial. I had tried it a couple of months back and just gave up. If installing a trial can be such a pain, I cant imagine to think what the full software would be like.  Even after going through all the discussions and forums, I haven't been able to figure out how to get this going. I thought Storyline was a software meant for the non-technical people to create sophisticated content. If I have to do all the technical stuff to get my computer ready to install Articulate, I am afraid, this is not really setting a good example.

7 Replies
Joseph Victor

Hi Ashley

Thanks for your response. Yes, I did since I did not get a response on the first one, I thought probably I did not post it in the right place. I was also able to make some progress in the interim. It does start installing with the progress bar showing the installation status. However it terminates with the error message 8007047E. I am a user of Storyline 2 and want to evaluate 360 before considering an upgrade. However, just to get the trial running is posing a challenge that the 30 day trial period just runs out. Would appreciate if you could help me regarding this.  Thanks

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

No worries about double posting - just wanted to connect them for anyone else who may have come across it. 

Did you already go through the troubleshooting steps linked in your other post here? Your case is opened and a colleague of mine should be in touch shortly. I'm sorry for the delay - but we'll get you up and running with the trial as soon as we can. 

Joseph Victor

Yes, I did go through the troubleshooting steps and was able to do most of them except probably "allow communication over port 443 and whitelist these domains.". I did not know how to whitelist the domains since there was no explanation on how to do it. However I did some further search and was able to add rules for allowing communication over port 443 (Inbound 443 TCP, UDP and Outbound 443 TCP, UDP). Hope I did that as required. Hope to get this sorted soon as I really need to evaluate 360 before considering an upgrade. Thanks for your help.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Joseph,

Typically your IT admin would have to look into allowlist the domains, and they'd likely have particular steps to go through for your organization. 

I certainly understand, and I see that your still working with Karla and she's reviewing your error logs right now. That may take a bit (there's always a lot in there!) but she'll be in touch once she has additional info on what could be causing the install issue. 

In the meantime, are you able to use the web based portions of Articulate 360 such as Rise, Articulate Live, and Review? You only need to log in at 360.articulate.com using your Articulate ID to access those items. 

Joseph Victor

Hi Ashley,

I have finally been able to install the software with no errors. Yipeee! Don't know how, since I did not make any changes to the system or try any troubleshooting to get Articulate to install. I tried this many times earlier without any success. I just thought of giving it another try. But I do know that during installation I did not have any other softwares running on the computer. I usually have Outlook/Word/Excel running on my computer. However, I do believe that I would have tried installing it earlier as well without anything else running, but it did not work. So how did it install without any issue is still a mystery. I also got an email from a Customer support rep, Bret asking for a Zoom meeting to figure out the issue. However, now that the software is working, I have written back to him explaining the same observations above. Thank you for all the support extended by you and your team. Excited to evaluate this software :) regards

Joseph

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.