Updated to the latest Storyline 360 version and now when publishing to LMS the images are not included

Mar 21, 2023

I was in the middle of developing a product in Storyline when I discovered the latest version has more xAPI capabilities. While I had xAPI added to track when each page is experienced, I needed to add more custome xAPI. The course was working great, published to LMS (xAPI), and was able to track in Watershed with no problems.

After upgrading, I added a new custom xAPI statement, published it to LMS with a report to an lms checked (xAPI).

Unfortunately, while it said it was compressing the images, when I look at the files, there are no images included.

In addition, when I launch the story.html file, I get an error message when it is trying to launch the story where the player partially loads (no logo image) and it says "You are Offline. Trying to Reconnect..."

If I publish it to Web, all the images are included in the files and it works with no problems. 

Is anyone else running into issues publishing to LMS with xAPI? I removed the custom xAPI I had added and tried republishing to LMS but it still will not include the images and I am still getting the error message saying I am offline. Any suggestions? Can I revert back to the previous version of Storyline so I can finish my project? ;-P

2 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Nichola, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. I understand how frustrating that can be. 

We recommend testing the behavior of your course in SCORM Cloud to see if the behavior is isolated to your LMS. You can test your course in SCORM Cloud, which is an LMS that we use for testing as well. Here's how: 

If your xAPI published course still does not report quiz scores in SCORM Cloud, open a support case here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. 

I hope this helps!