Using articulate 360 with learn dash and wordpress

Jan 02, 2017

I need some updated information on how articulate 360 is working with learn dash and what plug ins are used to make that happen. Trying to integrate wax lrs is a huge pain and there seem to be so many  customizations that I need to do that it is not feasible. While learn dash is a good deal, by the time you at your LRS charges and other plug ins the costs keep rising.

What is the easiest and most stable way to do so I can use my articulate content. I would hate to have to move on to other options.

I have looked at all of the existing threads that have been mentioned so info that is current (after the 360 release) is what I am looking for.

Thanks!

14 Replies
peter ryan

Hi Susanne,

Have you looked at using Grassblade LRS instead of Wax. Because you host this LRS you have no ongoing costs. Fairly straight forward to set up on your own server.

Not a WordPress plugin, but uses PHP/MySQL so it can be installed on most of the shared hosting, vps, or dedicated hosting environments that supports WordPress, including WP Engine, LightningBase, HostGator, Bluehost, etc.

Our business TANDI training uses this with Learndash and it works great.

We use Articulate Storyline not 360 but  the process to publish to the LMS look the same.

Thomas Smith

Hi Suzanne, I am using Grassblade LRS with Learnupon and Articiulate 360 - it all works great.  Grassblade self hosted solution is  a great option to avoid monthly charges.  

I have worked with Learndash also with Grassblade and Articulate 360 and they all play marvellously together, I even sponsored some development for Grassblade LRS to boost its group functionality and better reporting in tandem with LearnDash.

My main production site is combo of www.learnupon.com and self hosted Grassblade LRS with WPengine hosted campus for student community.  The reason I want for that option was because the support in Learnupon is second to none, and the money I pay to use it as dedicated training portal outside of the learning community is more than compensated for by the lack of support issues I have to address on an ongoing basis with students... anything technical I just pass it to Learnupon support and they handle it for me... it saves me a huge amount of time.  I have also noticed now after three years with Learnupon that student created support issues are minimal because the system is so clear and easy to use, there are no tecnnical support issues arising any more!

As a bit of a so it yourself afficionado I am still tempted by using Learndash because its a really well thought out system, but for the sake of my students best interests I keep my money site on Learnupon.

Hope that helps!

Thomas

Susanne Smethurst

Thanks for the feedback, it's still an ongoing trial and error process. I did find a plugin for my WordPress site that is working but it does not record any learning records. Here is the link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-or-embed-articulate-content-into-wordpress/

Learnupon is probably a good idea but it is too expensive for the project I am working on.

Thomas Smith

Hi Suzanne then I would say the Learndash route with Grassblade LRS and Grassblade tracking plugin for articulate is the best bet.  It will record every item of interaction on wordpress and the articulate courses to the LRS and has some very good reports you can derive from it.

It will require an initial investment but after that its just the cost of hosting

I am at your service for any further comments you would like to share with me.

Regards

Thomas

ts[at]ebsi.ie

Miriam Scott

Hi Thomas, I have created a sequence of courses in Articulate Rise and need to build a place for them to be accessed by learners. Moodle isn't cutting it for me (don't get me started) I am new to Learndash but I am going for the look that you have (in the image attached) - I am thinking of using Learndash as my LMS and importing from articulate 360 using Grassblade. Is this what you would recommend?

Peter  Ryan

Hi Miriam, A little late in reply.....

Yes Learndash will work with Rise and 360.

your 360 xapi file sends via the LRS a "all completed" sentence for when all pages have been viewed.

Your 360 xapi file will send a "all passed" verb to LRS for a passed test.

Rise will also send a "all completed" sentence to LRS.

You will need to set up 2 triggers in grassblade LRS to send a completion to Learndash.

This is done by stating each verb generates a completion to the LMS.

If you have a a results slide in your existing training but only track total amounts viewed you will run  into trouble as the passed result will send a passed to the LMS and tick the training of as completed even though you are tracking total slides viewed.

Good luck, 

Saurabh Chauhan

Hi,

You can create any type of course in the storyline and export as HTML5. Now upload the exported file on your hosting or any other server like AWS then add it on LearnDash LMS lesson/topic/quizzes using <iframe> HTML tag with index.html or story.html file URL.  It will work without any trouble.

But, it is a lot of work to make your one content up and running. As you're using WordPress then you can take advantage of the GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin, it will smooth your workflow and make it easy to upload and add content on LearnDash LMS.

It also fully supports xAPI and SCORM standard content exported from Storyline 360 tool, means connect with an LRS and start recording learner activities.

Try this demo LearnDash course having xAPI standard content exported from Articulate Storyline 360. 

https://demo.nextsoftwaresolutions.com/courses/advanced-completion-behaviour/

A tutorial for LearnDash and Storyline users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_7NU8a2A88 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.