Using Dashed lines in Storyline 360 become super blurry, removing the dash setting makes it crisp and clear.

Oct 16, 2019

We are using the standard dashed line option from Storyline and even when the player is locked to optimized size (which limits us to the classic player only, uggh, more limitations) the dashes still look dramatically fuzzy compared to the other Storyline vector object. These are internal Storyline objects and not imported. As designers these flaws degrade the quality of our branding and design and require research and hoop jumping to find solutions for causing much longer production times which gets costly. We see this has been an open issue from about 5 years ago. Are there any other solutions? We notice adding effects also degrade the image quality as well, like simply adding a drop shadow.fuzzy dashed lines vs crisp storyline elements

9 Replies
Katie Riggio

Thank you for sharing that screenshot, Gabriel! I'm so sorry you've come across this blur.

We have an open issue in Storyline 360 where dashed lines are appearing blurry. Although I don't have any workarounds to share at this time, I've updated the right team on this bug's continuing impact. As soon as we know more, we promise to update you!

In the meantime, we'd love to have a closer look at your project to see what approaches we can offer. If you're able to share the .story file, please use this private upload link

Lucy Hood

Hi, just wondering if there's any update on this? I've specifically been requested to use dashed/dotted lines on a module i'm developing and the excessive blur means I've simply had to tell my manager its not possible! Ridiculous for something so simple! An update would be appreciated. Cheers, Lucy

Ren Gomez

Hi Lucy,

I'm really sorry you came across this issue! No updates to give on this, as we're still monitoring the impact of this bug, so I appreciate you letting us know that it's affecting your project and I'll be sure to share this with our team.

We'll be sure to jump in this discussion when we have progress to share.

Danielle Schisler

Are there any updates on this bug?

I can't believe blurry dashed or dotted lines has been an issue for 5+ years that Articulate hasn't done anything about.

I'd say if you're "monitoring the impact of this bug," the impact is pretty big. Dashed/dotted lines are a pretty standard thing to use in a design, and it's unfortunate I have to tell customers they can't be used, especially when I can't give them any good reason as to why.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone!

As promised, I'm here to notify you of our latest update to Storyline 360, which includes:

Fixed: Arrows and dashed lines were blurry when previewed or published.

To get the latest update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions. You can reply here or reach out to our Support Engineers directly.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Rahul!

We are happy to help find what is getting in the way here! How are you publishing the course? For Web, LMS, or Review 360? 

Is it still blurry if you add the same dashed line to a new project and publish it?

If you'd like to share the .story file, you can attach it to this discussion or upload it privately in a support case.