Variable Issue

Dec 07, 2023

I have published my web course to the trial of Reach 360 and am seeing many issues with variables as I am reviewing.  On my main menu, I have two variables per menu item.  Modules 1, 2, & 3, are set to show "in progress" once the first slide of each module has been viewed, and "Completed" once the last slide of each module has been viewed.  The "In Progress" variable works, the "Completed" does not.  I have checked to make sure that the triggers are listed accurately for each one, the variables are correct, made sure I am using the right variable for each menu item, and nothing.  Then when I exit and re-enter the course, the "In Progress" variables no longer show at all.  What am I missing here?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Gina, 

Happy to help!

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience. 

• You mentioned that this issue happened when you published to Reach 360, are you able to replicate the behavior if you publish your course to Review 360, web, or to an LMS
  • Does your course get marked as complete and restarted when you exit the course? Note that when a course is restarted, all custom variables will reset to their default value. 

If you are able to replicate the behavior you're experiencing in other publishing formats, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a look at how your variables interact with the rest of your course. We'll delete it when we're done testing!