Variables

Nov 22, 2016

Hello,

I am a Talent Development Business Partner and I am new to E learning.

During my training on Articulate I learnt about variables. I know I can use variables to count the number of times a button has been clicked.

Currently I am re creating one of the animations we learnt and that is to get a kayak from one side of the river to another using the arrows on the screen ( using triggers to enable this to happen)

I now want to display a well done layer but I am not quite sure how to trigger it. I remember our trainer saying you could do it with variables but I cant remember how and I would like it to be seamless. In the ideal world, the Well Done layer would appear when the kayak reaches the finish line.

If anyone has any thoughts or tips, I am more than happy to hear them.

Thank you,

Isabel

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Isabel! I wanted to point out a similar discussion on this thread over here. There you'll find a Storyline demo file that Michael created that is very similar to what you're looking for. If you take a peek into the file, you'll see that he triggered the layer by using two variables, KayakPathRight and KayakPathUp. In his example, the layer appears if the boat crashes, but you could easily use the same method to make a layer appear when the boat reaches the other side of the river. I've attached Michael's file here - give it a go, and let us know how it turns out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.