Video does not show in chrome when publishing with SL3 version 3.3.15007.0

Apr 24, 2018

Hi Guys,

I have a strange issue with embedded videos in my storyline 3 files. Namely they are black and don't get played in Chrome(latest version). Neither offline nor online. They are displayed on android devices but not on the Ipad (latest ios, latest chrome).

The same videos which were exported with an earlier version of SL3 are just fine. They play well online. (viewing offline in chrome was not an available feature then)

I asked friends to test it for me on their windows PC in Chrome latest version and they do see the videos.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

You came to the right place for help, Timea! I have a few questions to help me narrow this down.

• Do the videos play correctly when you preview the project in Storyline?
  • After publishing the content, did you upload it to a web server or a learning management system?
  • Can you send me the details of the browser version you're using? Click here and copy/paste the browser information you see on that site.

Thanks!

Timea Kunvari

Hi Alyssa!

• The videos play correctly in preview.
  • The lessons are exported to SCORM 2004 and uploadad to a self-made LMS. For details I need to contact my colleague who developped it.

Extra info: the videos also don't play when I upload them to the unofficial articulate tempshare site 
  • The browser version I use is Chrome 66.0.3359.117

Thanks a lot in advance!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.