Video from Vimeo/Youtube

Feb 18, 2014

Hi!

I'm trying to come up with the best way to take videos out of the Storyline file, and have them on Vimeo/Youtube instead. And I get lost.

I'm not sure if there are different ways to do this. The way I'm doing it is Insert - Video - Video from Website, and then I past the embed code, but perhaps I can also make it a Web Object? First question: What different ways are there to show Vimeo/Youtube films in Storyline, and what is the difference between them?

For my Vimeo video I can't preview or see the film after the project is published, but I have to put it up on a FTP server (which works, but it would save me A LOT of work if I could see the film when previewing the page and directly after the project has been published).

Also the film places itself on top of all other layers. Is there a way to decide the layer order here?

For my Youtube video (here I only picked a random one, not one of my own) it seems I can decide the layer order, and preview the film. I can though not see it when the project is published, but have to put in up on the FTP as with the Vimeo one.

Also the Youtube player doesn't come with the video (I don't want to use the one built in in Storyline, but to be able to edit it to match the look and feel of the project I'm working on), and I can't make it full screen. Also the Youtube logo is shown. All of this might though be something that I can adjust if I have my own Youtube account?

My second question is therefore: What is the difference in using a Vimeo and a Youtube video in Storyline?

So glad for any help!

/Anna

2 Replies
Anna Jönsson

Thank you Michael!

A few follow up questions:

So, it’s not possible in any way to control the layer order with an external video (from Youtube or Vimeo) AND use a playbar that I can adjust the look and feel of (as I for example can if the playbar is imported with the video from the Vimeo account) AND have it working with HTML5 and the Articulate Mobile Player app at the same time?

Also, with Vimeo I can use the Insert – Video – Video from Website and still use the (easily modifyed) playbar from there (but as I understand it it won’t run on HTML5 and the Articulate Mobile Player app?). I can’t controle the layer order, though, as I can with Youtube videos using this method. Are there any other differences between videos from Youtube and Vimeo?

/Anna

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.