Video show correctly in preview but no picture or sound after publishing

Mar 04, 2016

When I launch my course using story.html the course framework shows up but the video picture and sound never plays.  You can tell its running the video because the timeline works.  You just can't see or hear anything.

If I launch the course using story_html5.html, then for most people the course launches and the video displays properly.

I am getting some users who are not able to launch the course either way.  They get a "Page cannot be displayed" message, but that may be a network issue.

Any ideas?

10 Replies
Brian Allen

The training server, are you pointing to your content on it with a HTTP URL or with a network path, such as \\mynetwork\trainingcontent\storyline

If your training server is a web server and you're using a HTTP URL to point to it, then your problem is very odd... I would almost lean towards a missing mime-type on your server, but it doesn't explain why the HTML5 version works and not the Flash.

If it's the latter, a network path, then you may be running into some Flash Player security issues caused by local playback, which tends to block some content.  If this is the case getting your content loaded up to the training website *should* resolve the issue.

Brian Allen
Jerry Peterson

Yes, but it makes me nervous since story.html has never properly displayed a video on a slide.  Kind of a leap of faith.

What should happen, when you're launching your course from a HTTP URL, is that story.html will automatically detect and deliver the right experience based on if the user has Flash installed or not.

Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to test your content once on the training website before your program goes live.

If the video still does not playback then you may have an issue that needs to go to Articulate support.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.