Visited state

Oct 05, 2023

I built a page with 6 rectangles. When you click on a rectangle, the content in the middle of the screen changes. I created a visited state on the first rectangle, expecting it to stay as "visited" after they finished and click on the next rectangle. I want them to be able to see all the rectangles they visited. How do I get the boxes to stay in the visited state when they click on something else? 

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Rosemary

4 Replies
Garth Yorko

I find it is easier to create a custom state for interactions like this. You can more easily control their behavior.

I created a customer state called "Complete" for each clickable object. The I added a trigger to change the state of each clickable object to Complete when the users clicks it. See attached.

You can also use the custom state to control the next button.  See this thread for the discussion.

Next button remains disabled despite triggers and states considered. - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes

Rosemary Aylward

Thanks so much. I just learned a whole bunch from you. The boxes are staying in the Complete mode.
I didn't understand the part on your link about creating Variables (True) and I've never created conditions. Do need that for some reason if it's working without it?

I really did learn so much from this. Thanks!
Rosemary

[cid:image001.png@01D9F79E.1F92FB40]