Visited state

Jan 26, 2016

I am tearing my hair out!!!!

I have 4 slides that must be "visited" prior to moving on to the next slide.

When the user clicks on their last required slide, the state changes to visited immediately and advances to the next slide. The learner is not given the opportunity to look at the last required slide as it changes so quickly.  Help me!!!!

9 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi JP

the visited state can be a little tricky to use in triggers with specific advancing requirements.

Try this, go to edit states and duplicate the visited state and call it completed.  Then delete the visited state.

Repeat as required.  Then change your advance to trigger when state = completed.

Let me know how you go or if you need more help.

Indrani Sen

Hello Wendy,

I opened a case for this.  But thought of reaching it to you as well.  I do have a similar problem of  visited states.  I have 4 modules.  None of the 'Visited' button states are shown from the main menu.  Here is the source file and a screenshot of the problem.  Thanks in advance for your help. 

Walt Hamilton

If the main menu is set to return to saved state, the timeline isn't supposed to erstart, and if the audio has completed, it should not start again. however, if it does:

1. Create a T/F variable. I name it something like audioCompleted, and set its initial value to false

2. Create a trigger - Pause audio when timeline of slide starts on condition variable audioCompleted not equal True. (pauses if audio is completed, plays if not)

3. Create a trigger - Adjust variable audioCompleted to True when audio completes.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.