White Flashes on Storyline 360

Apr 27, 2023

Hello, 

We have been creating a training course for software training. Everything was going fine, and it was nearing completion when we updated our Storyline to the latest version. 

We are now getting Whiteflashes on our course, mainly around when videos are moving and looping. This is happening in Preview, Review 360 and in SCORM form, in our LMS. 

I have seen previous discussions around this issue and tried the solutions, but we are still getting the issue! Close to pulling my hair out on this one, as this one bug is holding up the course from deployment! Has anyone had this issue recently?

Josh

12 Replies
Josh Harris
Josh Harris

Hello, 

We have been creating a training course for software training. Everything was going fine, and it was nearing completion when we updated our Storyline to the latest version. 

We are now getting Whiteflashes on our course, mainly around when videos are moving and looping. This is happening in Preview, Review 360 and in SCORM form, in our LMS. 

I have seen previous discussions around this issue and tried the solutions, but we are still getting the issue! Close to pulling my hair out on this one, as this one bug is holding up the course from deployment! Has anyone had this issue recently?

Josh

Steven Benassi

Hi Josh!

I see that Jurgen has been helping you, but I just wanted to pop in and offer some extra support!

Reviewing the published file Jurgen shared, I wasn't noticing the videos being cut off other than when the frame zooms in to highlight a specific area.

Would you mind recording a screencast of the issue you're encountering so I can pinpoint it more precisely?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Josh Harris

Hi Steven,

Apologies, I have been unable to responed. 

I am unable to use screencast, however I have recorded the flashes and attached the video below. They occur at time 00.13 & 00.19.

Thanks to Jurgen's advice as well as some further tinkering I have reduced the length and severity of the flashes, but they still occur and a break in the course. They occur in other places in the course, mainly between videos that are otherwise correctly set up in the time lines. 

Thanks

Josh

Luciana Piazza

Hi Josh, 

No worries! Thanks for getting back to us when you had the chance! 

Sorry to hear you're still running into this issue. I have a few additional questions in order to help you get to the bottom of this:  

• Have you tried re-recording the video to see if the same flashing behavior still occurs in a brand-new capture?
  • Just out of curiosity, have you tried recreating this behavior in a brand new Storyline file? Perhaps it would be a good thing to rule out that it isn't something related to this specific .story file. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

the problem seems to be the music on the main timeline

I have removed the music on slide 1.1 / 1.2 AND "Fit timeline to longest Object"

result:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d13367fe-2ed4-4d23-907b-265a63a846be/review

you could try to move the music to a separate layer

note: the looping jump is in your original menu videos

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/0fe4b0ca-c225-4564-8d22-c4130292caa5/review