Anyone that tests Storyline course for 508 compliance?

May 02, 2019

Is there a reputable company or agency that will test a finished Storyline course for 508 compliance and suggest remediation?

6 Replies
Judy Nollet

I suggest you contact Rivertown Communications (http://www.rivertown-inc.com). They develop custom eLearning programs. Because they do a lot of work for state agencies, they have to keep on top of accessibility issues. I've seen some presentations they've done about this topic and have been very impressed.

Feel free to tell 'em I sent you. It won't get you a discount, but it couldn't hurt.  :-)

Robb Jacobs

Hi E Talboy, our company, Rivertown Communications has been checking both our internal courses and State of Minnesota courses (developed in Storyline) for about 4 years. We have some good experience locating problems in Storyline and our programmer can often overcome some of the accessibility shortcomings inherent to Storyline. Please contact me if you would like additional information. My contact information can be found at our website (rivertown-inc.com). By the way, my last name is Jacobs, and not the version shown in the Articulate reply.

Robb Jacobs

Derek Trubia

I found that it is best to read the Section 508; and then the WCAG 2.0, 2.1 standards; and then invest in a commonly used screen reader program i.e., JAWS.  Being able to navigate through the curriculum with the screen reader will help alleviate many issues when deployed. Doing this will save you money (investment) and give you the piece of mind that it is done correctly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.