What is the Best Computer with Articulate 360?

Jun 26, 2017

I am currently enrolled in an LDT masters program and I wanted to start learning to use Articulate 360.  However, what I am learning is that my early 2011 mac book is probably not an efficient machine to do so on.  Therefore, I am ready to update to a newer computer in order to use Articulate 360 more efficiently.  I wanted to survey the masses for advice on what the best computer is or specifications of the best computer in order to use Articulate 360.

Although, I have always used apple products I am open to purchasing a windows machine.  

Thanks!

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Andee and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Great question! You originally posted your question in Articulate Online and I moved the discussion over for you to our Building Better Courses forum.

You may get a better response here on what others are utilizing.

I did want to share our system requirements as well as information about utilizing a Mac here (just in case). Those should be helpful as well.

Joe Waddington

I have a HP Elitebook 850 G3 - it has an i7-6600 CPU @ 2.6GHz (a fast processor in non-geek terms). It has a 16 GB of RAM, and a 500 GB SSD. (lots of short term memory, and fast access to long term storage) The only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did was a high powered video processor. However, it is leaps and bounds better than the generic laptops that my coworkers have.

If you are interested, you can go to https://www.reddit.com/r/buildmeapc/ and post what you plan on using the system for, and they will provide you with a shopping list of parts to build a computer that meets your needs.

Good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.