E-Learning Tips in Under 140 Characters

Apr 28, 2014

Good Afternoon Articulate Community!

I came across this great post on LinkedIn this morning: 25 Marketing Tips in Under 140 Characters, and it got me thinking about all of the great tips that people share here.

With that, I though it might be fun to get something like this going for all of us e-learning folks. So, in 140 characters or less, what's your greatest e-learning tip? If you're on Twitter, share it there too! #elearning140.

Here's mine:

Don't write anything you can't communicate visually.

27 Replies
Tim Slade

Good one Michael!

A few others coming in on Twitter #elearnin140:

• Define success not by whether a course was completed, but if it empowered learners to change their behavior. via @ttclnnovations.
  • The bait must suit the fish, not the angler. via @mlearning.
  • In eLearning, less is often more. via @mattguyan.

Keep 'em coming! 

Jackie Van Nice

Thanks for the great idea, Tim! Here's my tip:

"Figure out how to stay excited about your project! That energy is contagious & learners will feel it when they take the course."

It's something I experience all the time. Doesn't matter what the material is or anything else. Get creative and make it a course you'd actually like to take - as much as you possibly can! - and it's always going to be far more successful.

If you're drudging through it and don't love it or care about it - all that comes through in the end, too.  

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

As others have said, Tim, great idea.

This one is geared to adult learning, and it need not be eLearning. Not my original thought, but I saved it because I love the part about our Learners being a great resource. Here it is cut down for twitter:

The richest resource for learning resides in adults themselves. Tap into their experiences. Use actual scenarios. Let them solve problems.

and again to include the #elearning140 hashtag

The richest resource for learning resides in adults themselves. Tap into their experiences. Use scenarios & problem solving. #elearning140

Original and source

The richest resource for learning resides in adults themselves; therefore, tapping into their experiences through experiential techniques (discussions, simulations, problem-solving activities, or case methods) is beneficial (Brookfield, 1986; Knowles et al., 2005; McKeachie, 2002; Silberman & Auerbach, 1998).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.