How to start with Articulate 360 and RISE?

Jul 17, 2023

I have recently started using Articulate 360 and RISE so technically I am new to the Articulate authoring tool. I did go through the courses on LinkedIn Learning and weekly training sessions organized by Articulate and now it is the time to practice and polish my skills.

I see a lot of weekly challenges which are useful for developing skills but I found that they are not in a specific order. 

Can anyone guide me on what I can do to be in action and stay motivated to practice my skills in Articulate?

2 Replies
Richard Watson

Nishi,

The way I learned to work with Storyline was to look at templates and challenges where the poster provided the .story file. From there, reverse engineer it to see how it works. If something doesn't make sense or you cannot figure how a specific trigger or action is working, post a question to the forums.

It's all about thinking what you want something to do, trying to recreate it and then, reach out for help on the forums. It takes some time and patience but that was my approach when I first starting using the app.

Hope that helps

Richard

Bianca Woods

Hi Nidhi. Congrats on getting started with Storyline 360 and Rise 360! It sounds like you're off to a great start with learning to use both apps.

Richard's ideas can be a big help for deepening your skills with our apps. And here are two other things to try that I've personally found helpful:

• Check out the On Demand videos included in Articulate 360 Training. Those recorded sessions have a wealth of helpful information, so they can be a valuable resource for deepening your skills. And because they're organized by beginner and advanced levels, you can easily find videos that fit your current skills.
  • Check out how our Downloads were built. You can learn a lot from just looking at how a completed course was built. The Downloads section of this community has loads of projects you can download to your computer and explore. So grab a few projects that cover techniques you'd like to learn more about and look at the project file to see how they were built. And if there's anything you don't understand, you can always ask a question on the download post itself to get help from the creator.