Linking scenes

Sep 05, 2016

I am new to using Articulate Storyline 2 and want to link more than 3 scenes to my primary scene; can anyone help me out by telling me how to do this please?

2 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Kerry

at the end of the first scene do you have 3 buttons? or how do want to link the scenes. If you then want the user to return to the primary scene, you would have a trigger on the last slide of each scene 'jump to scene (primary) when user clicks Next or clicks a button...it's hard to give a solution without seeing how your project is setup.

If you have the buttons - create 3 trigger one from each button

jump to scene 1 when user clicks button A

jump to scene 2 when user clicks button B

jump to scene 3 when user clicks button C

If the above isn't what you want or you can't get it working perhaps you could upload your .story file so folks can take a look and recommend something for you. Just use the grey ADD ATTACHMENT button at the bottom of the post.  Adding attachments via email won't work.

Kerry Rasmussen

Thanks for responding Wendy

I have yet to build the 'buttons' that will direct the learner to each of theses scenes (4 in total). I am in Storyview and am 'settting out' how the interactions/transitions will occur. I select the scene>click on the little 'chain' link in the bottom left corner of the scene>then link to the required scenes.  This is where it won't allow more than 3 to be linked this way?????

Cheers

K

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.