Review Mode

Oct 08, 2019

I am looking for a bit of clarification of my understanding of Review Mode for a course in an LMS.

My understanding is that once a course has reached its completion criteria the course is put into Review Mode by default.

My expectation is that the course can be reaccessed at any time, however new data is not transmitted to or existing data changed in the LMS.  I also expect that the course should resume, rather than restarting.

Am I understanding Review Mode correctly, if not please could someone clarify what should be expected of a course in Review Mode.

Thanks 

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Matthew,

Storyline provides a "Resume" setting to indicate what should happen when a user re-opens a course. It's found in the Player settings:

The default is "Prompt to resume." That shows a dialog box that allows the user to resume where they left off or not resume (i.e., re-start from the beginning).

"Always resume" automatically restarts the course from where the user left off.

"Never resume" automatically restarts the course at the beginning.

If  course completion is based on a scored test, the score will remain the same -- unless the user retakes the test. In that case, the course would send an updated score to the LMS.

• I can't say whether or not the LMS will revise the user's completion status; that may depend on the settings for the given LMS. You'd need to work with your LMS team to test that functionality.
  • If you're concerned about that, consider hiding the "Retry Quiz" button after the user passes. I do that if they've got a score of 100%. But I don't hide it if the have a passing score lower than 100%, because it's possible they would want to re-take the test to raise their score.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.