Review Quiz Button

Jan 29, 2019

Hi there, Can you help me to disable the review quiz button if they pass the test.  I only want it active if they fail so they can retake the test.  if they pass I would like them to hit the "next" button.  thank you.

7 Replies
Joey Buys

Hi Karen.

To reiterate what Wendy said: When you insert a results slide in Storyline, a 'Review Quiz' button will automatically be added to the base layer of the results page that allows users to review their responses. By simply moving (cut and paste) said button to the 'Failure' layer will prevent students that have passed the assessment from reviewing it, yet keeping the functionality intact for those you failed.

By default users are only allowed to have a single attempt at a graded assessment. You need to manually add a 'Retry Button' in order to have the results (page) reset and allow the user to try again.

Hope this helps.

Joey Buys

Hi again Karen.

No problem at all. If you click on the 'Review Quiz' button, ensure that you click on the border of the object and not inside the button itself. The Cut & Copy commands are disabled as Storyline is attempting to cut/copy the text present within the button but is incapable of doing so since nothing is selected/highlighted. 

Easiest way to prevent this is to drag a selection box over the button instead of clicking on it. This is done in the same way as when you are selecting multiple items on a slide.

Hope this makes sense.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.