Rise or Storyline?

Aug 28, 2023

Hi.

I'm new to Articulate and have been tasked with creating a course for our data and analytics team which will include several technical processes. I'll probably be using a lot of screen shots but still want them to be interactive - so click to reveal and stuff like that.

Are there templates in Rise that fit this type of course? Or is it something I should build in Storyline?

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

I suggest using Storyline. It gives you more control over the design and the programming. It also allows for screen recording (Record Screencasts in Storyline 360 - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com) ).

FYI: Here's the Storyline 360 User Guide.

Bianca Woods

Hi Maia and welcome to the community! As Judy mentioned, Storyline 360 is a great option if you want to do more customization and advanced interactivity. In your situation, the built-in screen recording could be handy for using video to show technical processes. Not only that, but Storyline 360 allows you to take those screen recordings and quickly convert them into interactive exercises and quizzes. This article walks through the basics of how that feature works.

That said, Rise 360 may still be a fit for your course. That's because you can use the Storyline block to bring interactive content built in Storyline 360 into a Rise 360 course. So you could build most of the course in Rise 360 and then enhance it with custom Storyline 360 interactions when you need them.