So very noob - Need help creating an interactive, "binder" eLearn!

Apr 27, 2016

Hi! I have limited experience, especially in using any advanced features, in using Storyline. I have been able to navigate and figure out some things on my own, so this old dog can be taught new tricks.

I have searched, ad nauseum, for any kind of template, tutorial, or step-by-step instructions for creating what I'm wanting. It's just so hard to believe that no onehas ever created this type of eLearn, PPT, etc...apparently I am not using the correct search terms, lol.

This is what I need....

I have a (static, flattened) graphic of binders on a bookshelf (that I still need to purchase, unless anyone knows where I can find something very similar -has to be abookshelf, and has to be binders with spine(?) labels; see attachment), and I would like:

when the learner clicks on a binder (a Hotspot inserted on the bookshelf image?),  have it "fly" off of the shelf,
then the binder hovers, (the background somewhat dims?,) you briefly see the cover/title/outside front of the binder,
then (after a few seconds, and on it's own) the binder opens (with the first page in the binder containing text the learner must read),
and if there is more than one page in the binder, learner clicks the corner (or anything really, not too picky about that ;)) of the page, and it "flips" to the next page.
Then, when the page (all pages in the binder) have been visited/read/clicked-thru, "something" is clicked, the binder closes, then "floats" back to it's spot on the shelf...OR
Instead (and more fitting for the theme of my eLearn) the binder closes, then "POOF!!", it disappears (with an actual "poof!" graphic/animation popping up on the screen :D).
Next, the learner clicks a second binder, and the same process repeats...(there are 4 binders, as of now).
So, basically, I want the iPhone iBook app! (insert thumbs up here ;)

I only have access to Articulate Storyline 1 and am hoping that something evenremotely similar to what I've described above is possible?? If so, I have NO idea where to begin, which tools to use, nor how to use them!

If someone could point me to a similar eLearn/template, tutorial, or instructions that somehow eluded my extensive search, that would be most helpful! Or if anyone can contribute, even pieces of, how to accomplish this, I would be so grateful!!

Thanking you in advance for your time and attention :)

Maria

2 Replies
Bob S

Maria,

I don't know of an off-the-shelf  solution for this (sorry couldn't resist!). There are no "templates" I've ever seen like this that you can load content into.

So here are a couple of other  thoughts depending on how polished/finished you want it to appear....

On the low prices/simple end.... Yes create a hot spot, purchase a stock animation from one of the image/asset sites of a "poof" or smoke cloud; trigger that off the hot spot. Then auto trigger a flip-book type interaction - lots of flip-book software out there to choose from.

Oh the higher end.... custom animation. Hire an animator/coder to create the animation sequences you desire then wrap it in a e-learning module as needed.

Hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.