Storyline 360 audio buzzing issue encountered when played in some systems only

Jul 26, 2018

Hi,

I'm facing a strange issue. In the output file created in SL 360, a few people are hearing a buzzing background sound when playing the audio, while it's playing perfectly fine in a lot of other systems. I checked the original audio files in Adobe Audition. They are clean with no visible disturbances in the audio file. I also tried the recommendation provided in this forum of converting the audio files to 16 bit 44 KHZ PCM WAV for best results. Still, the issue persists. Any suggestions on why we face this issue?  

Thanks, Parvathi

1 Reply
Magda Diaz

What is the bitrate of the file? I find that if you go lower than 128 it sometimes can get a bit "buzzy." After mixing in Audition and exporting at a high quality, I do my final encoding in something like Adobe Media Encoder. The export settings are a little easier to fine tune there. If you use Audacity for all your audio needs you usually don't need any extra tools. UI is more user friendly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.