Storyline 360: do hotspots on scrolling text work?

Nov 17, 2018

Hello, I'm interested in creating a list on a scrolling panel. Each item on the list would be a link to an outside webpage and I would like to create each link with a hotspot.

Could this work? Would the hotspots scroll in order to maintain the relative position to the list item I might originally put the hotspot over?

Many thanks

4 Replies
Shaun Martin

Hi Vladimir,

From memory I don't think it is possible to include hotspots in a scrolling panel and have it scroll with the content. 

I've got around this before by making the text  in the scrolling panel hyperlinks and adding triggers against the hyperlinks. 

This might work for you considering you're creating a list to outside resources?

Vladimir Soto

Hi Shaun, 

many thanks for your reply. 

Is there a specific way to create text hyperlinks in the scrolling panel? Or would you just put a text box inside the panel for each hyperlink to then use a trigger for each text box?

There's no way to hyperlink various sentences/words/paragraphs within one big text box inside a scrolling panel, or is there that you know?

Again, many thanks

Ray Cole

Just change the color (or other display features) of the text you want to mark as a hyperlink, and then put a 100% transparent rectangle over that text. Attach a trigger to the (invisible) rectangle to jump to the URL you want the hyperlink to link to. Those invisible rectangles will scroll along with the text (and anything else in the scrolling panel).

Cheers!

-Ray

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.