Zooms in Storyline 360

Dec 06, 2017

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to Storyline 360 and I'm working with screen recordings in a scene. I am trying to use zoom regions to continually zoom in on one area of the screen recording. However, Storyline seems to be ignoring the zooms that last the whole slide.

I have done this in the past with Storyline 2 - is this a reduced functionality or am I missing something? It's been a while since I've played with zooms.

Thanks

12 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hey Erika!

Thanks for posting your question here in the community. 

If you want the Zoom to continue the entire slide without ever zooming back out, what you can do is right-click on the Zoom Region object on the timeline and select "Show Until End" 

You'll notice in the image above that when something is set to "show until end" on the timeline, there's a little arrow that appears at the end of the object on the timeline. With this option selected, the zoom out will not occur and the area set to zoom will remain continuously zoomed in. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions!

Nicole Legault

Yes, it is actually zooming. The reason you dont see the Zoom in effect is because the Zoom Region is set to start RIGHT at the beginning of the timeline. So as soon as the slide starts, the zoom region is already zoomed in. If you want to see the zoom happening, move the Zoom Region on the object to start at the 1 second mark. Then you'll see the Zoom happen. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.