Forum Discussion

VladimirSoto
Community Member
7 years ago

Anchor points

Hello,

is there a way to create anchor points in Storyline 360? Specifically, inside a scrolling panel so I can send a user to a specific point within a long text?

I've seen posts from 6 years ago requesting this feature. Hard to believe it still hasn't been implemented. 

Many thanks

• Hi Blue,

I just replied to a similar conversation here. I wanted to link for anyone following along as well.

This conversation is attached to the feature request as well.

• Anchors on a slide would increase the usability of so many of my projects. Please add me to the list requesting this feature!

• I would also like to see an "anchor" functionality. It would helpful to have button(s) that would take me to various point(s) along a video. Perhaps like being able to advance to a particular "Cue Point" along the timeline....

• Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out! I'll be sure to add your plus one to the feature request we have for an anchor type functionality.

In the meantime, if you're looking to advance a video to a particular point on the timeline, feel free to take a look at the Jump-to-Time trigger. We have an excellent example of how it's used for a video in the article!

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Anna!

I've added your comments to our report and linked this conversation so we can update you if this makes it on our feature roadmap. To help you plan, our team is currently prioritizing other features and fixes so it's likely this won't be included in the near future. However, we'll continue tracking this request to see if it gains traction.

NeilBlan
    Community Member

I'll add a plus one here as well. Editing shapes more precisely would be a real win here. Thanks!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Joshua!

Thanks for reaching out!

I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share!

Have a great weekend!

GarethSalter
    Community Member

Would love to see this incorporated soon. Glad I didn't need this for a job 5 years ago.